Thursday, March 20, 2008

Books, Books, Books

I had tea with my good friend VR last night. What a blessing to have friends we can laugh and cry with. Friends we can trust implicitly, who love unconditionally and with whom we can share ideas and common experiences.

We talked briefly about family and schedules and then went on to talk about books we've been reading and the ideas that challenge our stereotypes, and wake up our souls. When I actually took stock, I realized that I've got alot of very different books on the go.
A partial list:
The Language of God by Francis S. Collins
A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle (this is part of her Crosswicks journals and is for me a re-read)
Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Bershear
Get out of that Pit by Beth Moore
The Shack by Wiliam P. Young (Also a re-read - this book needs to be reread a few times)

In my stash to take to Palm Springs, I have:
Life of Pi
The Memory Keepers Daughter
The Glass Castle
the other two Crosswicks Journals - the Irrational Season and The Summer of the Great Grandmother
and two books on drawing with Pencil Crayons

When I get to Palm Springs my friend VT will have her stash as well so I'll update a must read list then.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like a fun list, Mom! Hope you have a great trip!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Bev

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome. I've enjoyed my visit and will come again when I have more time. I'm still playing "catch up" after being gone for two weeks to Palm Desert. I miss it already, although it's always nice to come home. Have a wonderful time. It's a beautiful part of the country and we love going every March.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.