Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daytrip to Mt Cheam

I'm a bit late with this post but thought I'd let you know how we spent Canada Day.

First thing in the morning Harv and I headed up the front side of Mt Cheam on a hunt for a few wild ferns and some rocks for our pond and waterfall. It was a pretty grey day and the road was VERY rough but we enjoyed the beauty of the forest and the views from the top. And we did find a few common ferns and a lovely mossy log to fill in some of the bare spots around our pond.







We got back in time to meet my sister and BIL at the Wild Cat for lunch.

In the afternoon we planted our ferns and found a place for the rocks and mossy log and I potted a few more flowers for the patio.
My cousin and his wife showed up in time for supper and then the 4 of us joined friends on their boat on Harrison Lake for an evening of visiting and watching the fireworks.
Harrison village always puts on a great show.

All in all, a very fun and satisfying day.

No comments: