Monday, May 9, 2011

Wasn’t that a party!

Tonight House of James, a local Christian Bookstore hosted a book signing event for the Mennonite Girls Can Cook Cookbook.

When I got there 5 minutes before the event was to start, the parking lot was full and there was a line up of people clutching the cookbook.

 

DSC07975

We’d been asked to bring sample of baking from the book.

Rhubarb and Apple bars, stollen, apple buns , peppernuts and oatmeal date cookies.

It all looked very yummy and by the end of the evening all the plates were empty!

DSC07977

There were lots of books to sign and well before closing time, they had sold out all their copies.

DSC07982DSC07990

Lovella told the story of our blog and cookbook and answered questions.

My sister, Janet came to celebrate with us and brought me a lovely plant for my garden.

DSC07984b

 

It all feels somewhat surreal but we are so appreciative of all the people who have supported our blog and the cookbook. 

It wouldn’t have happened with out you!  Thank you!

On top of it all, The Canucks won the deciding Game against the Predators and the town went crazy.

When we left later, the streets were crowded with people of all ages, flags waving wildly and horns honking as cars full of fans cruised the streets.

Anneliese’s son brought in his Canucks towel and had us all sign it to celebrate both the success of his team and our cookbook.

DSC07996DSC07999

All I can say is, “Wasn’t that a party!”

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

What fun Bev! How nice to have all that space to sign books! :o)
That really is great that Anneliese's son chose to come celebrate the Canucks victory with all of you! Love it...

Kathy said...

Yes...that was a party. It was good to see your sister come out to support you. Loved your pictures...and your new header! Your yard is very pretty.

Lovella ♥ said...

Bev, your header picture is just beautiful. It was indeed a party and I so enjoyed reading your account.

Mary said...

Oh! I would have loved being in that book signing... I've purchased the book by the internet today, It will take a little bit to come to this side of the world... I would love it to be signed by the girls who inspire me to try new recipes... but at leat I'll have it in my hands! May Lord bless you all ten of you!