Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Weekend with my Daughter!


Chris called me a while ago to tell me that her husband and boys had a father/son weekend planned. " That means I'm free, Mom...how about meeting me in Edmonton?"
Now what mother is going to say no to that? Not me!

So this past weekend she drove the 5 hours out from Saskatchewan and I flew from BC to meet her in Edmonton. After picking me up from the airport the first item on the agenda was a good visit over lunch!
After lunch we found our hotel and got unpacked. Later we looked up her friend's shop, "The Country Pumpkin" and spent an hour or so browsing the hand crafted items there.
That evening we enjoyed a dinner theatre at the Mayfield. The performance was a musical; "The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee" and included an extensive dinner buffet. We thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Saturday we shopped! This was the first time I've been in Edmonton and not shopped at West Edmonton Mall. Chris' SIL recommended South Commons so we spent the day in this large shopping area. Unfortunately it was pouring rain most of the day so we had to do some running between shops and our vehicle. But the weather was easy to ignore as we shopped the sales.
We found some cute tops for Chris, some must-have kitchen gadgets and gifts for upcoming baby showers.
After dinner we took a drive up Whyte Ave. in the old part of the city and then took an involutary tour of the area on our way back to the hotel. (smile)
Sunday we spent at Home Sense and Ikea and found some wonderful items for the boy's newly rennovated bedroom.
Then it was time to say goodbye as she dropped me off at the airport and drove home.
Chris, I loved every minute of the weekend and am so glad you chose to spend it with me.
You are one special girl!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

ellen b. said...

So glad you got to spend a nice weekend together. Sounds like you packed it with good things!

Lovella ♥ said...

That is so awesome Bev. .so glad you enjoyed such a great fun packed weekend with your daughter. I enjoyed the pictures so much.

Judy said...

What fun! It looks like you made the most of your time.

I'm thinking I might need a mother/daughter weekend away sometime...but now would not be a good time.

charlotte mgcc said...

What a nice way to spend a weekend.
It sounds like you have a very good mother/daughter relationship. Even though she lives far away from you, you still seem to find ways to spend time together, which is so nice.

Anonymous said...

Bev, that's awesome that she invited you to do that! Dairymary

Betty said...

What a great weekend with your daughter..fun times!

Marg said...

That is such a special gift to spend some quality time with your daughter...doing just the kinds of things you love.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Hurray for Mother-Daughter time in a new place. Quality time to stitch together the long pulls when apart.

I know what it means too.

Chris said...

Your friends are right, Mom- we do have a great relationship, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Thanks for setting some time aside to hang out with just me.

Anneliese said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend. And the best part is that your daughter asked you to come. I'm glad you could go!