Monday, January 9, 2012

Blog announcement


We interrupt your blog reading for a public announcement.....

As you may have surmised from the increasing length of time between my blog posts- it's been hard for me to carve out time to blog recently.

Like many women my age, I am finding that there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like to do. As a result of trying to keep up, I find I'm in a constant panic to cover all the bases with a decreasing energy level.

It's time to evaluate and prioritize the activities that fill my days.

As I've mentioned in past posts, there are all the things I must do - house keeping, cooking, laundry, garden and office work. And then there are the things I love to do - travel, spend time with grandkids and friends, make cards and scrapbook, read, cook and entertain.

One thing that's become very evident is that I'm spending too much time on the computer. There's office work, posts for Mennonite Girls Can Cook, keeping up with friends, reading other blogs, bill paying and on-line photo books, to name a few.

So one of the first things I've chosen to do to reduce computer time is to declare a hiatus on writing my personal blog.

I've really enjoyed blogging and hope to return to it again but for now, I'll be leaving this on the back burner until further notice.

Many thanks to all of you for your interest and comments. You've been a real encouragement to me. I look forward to resuming this when I'm working less and have accomplished some of the things on my long "Must do" list.

Thanks again for your interest and now...back to your regular scheduled blogs......

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Bev, I have enjoyed stopping in here to see what fills some of the moments of your days, and getting to know you and your interests from this avenue. I'll miss coming here and yet I understand change. You and I....we can stay in touch other ways...making time for that:)

Rosella said...

Bev - I shall really miss your regular blogs! I will keep an eye out for any of your posts when you have time in the future and also for your MGCC posts. I am a newbie to this blogging world but I'm sure that YOU have been a huge blessing to so many. It's been awesome getting to know you just a wee bit. Take care and enjoy each day!

Jennifer said...

I completely understand - although I haven't announced it, it appears to be the same with my personal blog. I look forward to your return!

Kathie said...

You will be missed! I have to look out for you on MGCC.

Marg said...

WE all need to create our own boundaries about our priorities. You stated that well, and continue to love what you do Bev.
We know where you are.

Anneliese said...

Oh Bev... I'm one of the blessed to still hear about your life even without your posts, but still.. I know.. it will be me one day. It's not an easy decision to make. Feel free to come back any time even once a month ... no pressure. We all understand. All the best.

Judy said...

How did I miss this post? Just checking by to see what's happening in your world...but I'll have to check elsewhere, I see. I've always enjoy seeing the pic's of your comings and goings over here. But I understand where you are coming from...totally. I'm trying to blog less...but still want to document life as it happens. It's a fine balancing act.

Julie said...

I do understand, Bev.. and re-evaluating is oft a necessary thing in our life.
You will be missed, but sometimes a break is good and you may well find the extra time and energy to come back here and there !
May you be blessed in all that fills your time and life!

shirley reimer said...

BEV,, I understand also,, it is very stressful, for sure,, but I do hope too, see you on the other,, one == giving us recipes , and ur point of view , miss you :(

Hollace said...

Hi Bev. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving just when we made a connection, but I totally understand the reasons. I have wondered for myself if writing ahould take my time, but I do love it and I really love reading blogs from other people.
I went to your profile after you left a comment on my blog and I see how many favorite authors we share. Besides mysteries, Maeve Binchy! And Dorothy Sayers, etc.
Our paths will still cross through MGCC. I am wondering if you have had the May beach retreat yet. Hope it's great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sri Lanka Holidays said...

I have enjoyed your writing I always have. Please continue good stuff