Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All Quiet on the Home front

Yes it's quiet alright. With both hubby and son at a sales meeting in Denmark, this big old office is lonely, not to mention the big old house. I don't mind being alone - there are always projects to take on that wouldn't otherwise get done and I have lots of time for crafting in my new room. Our neighbours were kind enough to invite me for supper the first night and tomorrow I'm having supper with my daughter- in -law. I also have a "crop day" planned and on the weekend I'll being attending my Aunt Barb' s spring art show in Fort Langley http://www.barbaraboldt.com/
I've also been walking every day and riding my bike (see last post) every day it's not raining.

Of course the first day the guys were away I got to the office in the morning and found all the computers down. I couldn't get on to the internet, the email, or my accounting program. The server was down due to an overnight power outage. The backup power supply kicked in - and then out because the power outage was 6 hours long! When does that ever happen when my Techies are home? Like NEVER. anyhow I called my brother in law who kindly came out and after 3 hours and lengthy consultations with a computer guru, finally got things back on line.
I've also had an issue with the brand new phone system installed just before the guys left - I think it might have been better to install it AFTER their trip? Anyhow, I can handle things now as long as there are no more power outages!!

No comments: