Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Bikes



We got our new bicycles on Saturday. They are Electra Townies with 8 speeds, and internal geared hubs. Basically that means that the gears are protected inside the hub of the wheel. They sit like a European bike and have "Fat Frank" tires. I have high hopes of the bikes. Hopefully Harv and I will actually enjoy exercise as we ride these together. I took mine around the block this morning and didn't even have to get down and push the bike up the Ford Rd. hill. It rides so smooth and is so comfortable - no aching back from leaning over the handlebars.

It was a gorgeous day- made more so with 2 celebrations this afternoon. A neighbour's son had a "Meet my new wife" reception and my brother in law threw a party to celebrate my sister's new Masters Of Christian Studies degree. I'm so proud of her - she was also awarded the top prize for her Spiritual Theology class. It was great to celebrate her achievement with family and friends.

No comments: