Sunday, July 27, 2008

Close ups of my garden

My garden is not perfect but looking at the flowers close up reveals the Creator in all His Majesty. I am in awe of God's creative imagination. There is no way in my mind to reconcile the beauty, complexity and interdependance of the world around me with anything but God the Creator of Heaven and Earth. No random collision of molecules, no exploding atoms, not the wildest imagination of man or woman, could create the colours, shapes, textures, smells and incredible detail of the world around us.


I praise You, my Creator,
and give thanks to You for this beauty
that fills my senses and feeds my soul
and is a constant reminder
of Your love for me.

Psalm 104:24 O LORD, what a variety of things you have made! In your wisdom you have made them all. (NLT)

Psalm 111: 2-4 How amazing are the deeds of the LORD! Everything He does
reveals His glory. How can we forget the wonders He performs?

Psalm 145: 5-6 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness
no one can fathom.

Revelation 4:11 You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; For You created all things, and by Your will they were created...

Hydrangea



Coleus and Sweet Potato Vine






Dahlia



Daylily

Honeysuckle







Stargazer lilies
in bud

Geranium


Pink Astilbe



Campanula

3 comments:

Trish said...

What beauty you have captured. And your garden is lovely. I see things in details...comes with the job I guess...so sometimes the 'bigger picture' is lost on me anyway...this garden bed, and that bed, etc. It is the singular beauty which captures the soul! Lovely post today.

Judy said...

Beautiful flowers, Bev. I appreciate flowers more with each passing year.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Lovely garden. I swear I can smell the lilies from here. Flower close ups are the BEST!