Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to Vidette





Our kids from Saskatchewan asked us to join them and some friends at our favourite fishing lake near Cache Creek. We'll never turn down a chance to see our grandboys - and their mom and dad of course! So we packed up the camper and away we went.

We went fishing - our daughter caught the biggest fish- went canoeing and 4x4ing. We made our regular visit to see Deadman Falls where we saw alot less water going over it when we were there in May. We saw gorgeous wildflowers, some adorable baby grouse and lots of deer. The guys set up a zipline for the children, my DH got soaked in the heavy hail/rainstorm that came by while he was out fishing and I had lots of time to read. One of the moms set up scavenger hunt for the children and the guys hauled some logs out of the bush and sawed and chopped up a storm to replenish the wood pile. (My husband's cousin owns the property and lets us use it free of charge whenever we like so we like to do a little to show our appreciation.)


We feasted on pork tenderloin and a sackful of fresh Chilliwack corn and went swimming on Sunday and Monday when the weather turned hot. I was so proud of my brave grandboys as they jumped into the cold lake and paddled fearlessly and with great excitement.



The weekend flew past and suddenly we were giving "Goodbye, I love you" hugs to our kids and grandboys.

Now we have 3 days at home and then Harv and I are off again - this time for a 10 day motorcycle trip with friends to Northern California. I hope we will still have some warm summer days when we get back. I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer yet!

1 comment:

potsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.