Friday, September 12, 2008

The joy of being grandparents!


We've had our Grandkids here for the last 2 days. Once again - never a dull moment. Riding trikes, baking cookies, playing "big rigs", reading stories; coaxing fussy eaters, bribing with treats, playing with Uncle Rick's Doug (dog) and answering non- stop questions - all part of being grandparents.

Next week I'll drive down to Seattle, for a few days to help with the kids as mom recuperates from baby's birth.


I well remember how much help my mom and my mother in law were after the birth of each of my children. My DIL's mom is terminally ill in Arizona and can't be there so I'm humbled and grateful that she has invited me to help her. Plus there's the bonus of getting to know the new baby. How lucky can I be!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Bev, it is such an honour as the mil to be invited into such a special time. . .I'm so sorry that her mom is so ill. . .I pray that your time together with the new baby is very special .. you'll be busy. . .
Congratulations .. the baby is darling.

Chris said...

sweet pictures, mom! I'm glad it's gone so well. Give my love and cuddles to baby Ben.