Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Busy Busy

I looked back at my last post and realized it's already 2 weeks ago. Time is just flying by.
what Am I so busy with?

Oil Sands Trade Show - we dedicated a week to the trade show in Edmonton. It was tiring but so much fun and very worthwhile for future business. I even had a bit of time to do some shopping - found a few Christmas presents and 3 pair of new shoes!

Ladies' Bible study started last week. I had to find something to fill in for the material I'd ordered back in Sept and hadn't arrived yet. I found out yesterday that the company I'd ordered it through closed its doors right after I'd called in my order - why oh why didn't they email or call to let me know so I could get the material elsewhere.? I wasted hours trying to call/fax/email them and then more hours trying to round up enough books for the group. I'm still short a number of books so I had to photo copy pages and pages (Yes, I had permission).


We spent a weekend at our friend's 'cabin' on Little Shushwap lake - we were 7 couples altogether and had a lovely, relaxing time. We walked, ate great meals, played scrabble, funny rummy and golf, celebrated 2 birthdays, discussed ideas and caught up on each other's lives. Thanks to Gerry and Jan for their generous hospitality.


We bought hardwood for the dining room floor and so we've been moving furniture -table, 10 chairs, buffet and china cabinet (do I really have THAT many dishes?) which are now filling up the floor space in the living room and kitchen. The floor is done - it's gorgeous. I had a decorator friend come in and give me colour advice ( am I brave enough to follow through?). We want to do some electrical before painting and putting up trim and there's not enough time before the weekend so we have to move the furniture back in so we can have Thanksgiving dinner.here.
Our children are all coming home for Thanksgiving. Horray! We will have a housefull for 2 days and a partial housefull for a week. The kids from Seattle will be here Friday to Monday (our newest grandboy will have his first visit to PopPop and Nana's) and our kids from Saskatchewan will be here from Sunday to Saturday. Of course, our kids from Greendale will pop in often over that time.

Thanksgiving dinner is at our house on Sunday afternoon - extended family and a friend or two - we should number around 25. Yes - it will take place in the unfinished dining room. This is nothing new - if we'd waited to finish anything in our house before having company - we'd be very lonely people.
We are very excited to have the whole family home. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family home! They won't care one bit that your dining room isn't finished.

The place on Little Shuswap looks wonderful. We love to go to the Shuswap area in fall...so pretty up there.

By the way...my fall clematis is called 'sweet autumn'...has tiny white star-shaped blooms & is very fragrant.

Lovella ♥ said...

Bev, you have been busy!!
I couldn't agree more with the idea of having your family home. . even if the house isn't finished. . .home is where the family is. You will have such fun with the new grandbaby and having the cousins together.
Your time away at the cabin looked and sounded amazing. What a blessing to be part of a circle of loving friends.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving. .
Oh .. and I have linked you in my Blog Friends page. . .hope that's okay. .
Oh. . and your new template works perfect with your fall header picture.