Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Visit to the Prairies

Harv and I spent the past 2 weeks in the Prairies.  Our daughter, Chris had invited me to see a play “Welcome To Mitford” that was being performed at Bethany Bible College. (Where I attended many years ago and where each of our children also spent one or two years.)  I was excited to go – we hadn’t been at their place for at least half a year and it was time to make the effort and go.  Harv was able to schedule several meetings in Edmonton and near Regina which made the trip even more feasible.

We had a lovely drive over there – the weather was great and the roads clear.

Chris and I headed off to the play Saturday afternoon and had a lovely afternoon’s entertainment.

DSC03837

We got back from the play and headed out to a local farmer’s place where the boys were all riding dirtbikes.  After church on Sunday we headed back for more riding.  I took lots of pictures and will share a few on a subsequent post.

After a great weekend with warm and dry days, we woke up to 6 inches of snow on Monday morning

DSC03969DSC03974

 

Of Course the grand boys were ecstatic and eager to walk to school.

DSC03978DSC03979

At the end of the day, we drove by the school playground.  I wish I’d had my camera.  The schoolyard boasted a crowd of snowballs and snowmen of every size and shape – many much larger than the children who’d made them.

DSC03981

One afternoon, Chris and I headed to Hague where we spent a couple of hours in a great scrapbooking and quilting store.  Once again we had to  acknowledge how small the world really is.  The “Prairie Chick” who owned this store used to live a block from our home. Chris and I also spent a day shopping in Saskatoon,  something we love to do each time we’re together. 

There is always a lot of activity around their home.   Chris teaches preschool one morning a week and is on call as an EA at their local school. Dave always has a number of projects on the go which Harv was able to ehlp a bit with.

We watched the boys play hockey,

DSC03997

And then watched first Dave and then Chris play on their respective teams.

DSC05887

 

DSC05890

Harv got to watch the boys at their Karate lesson

DSC05907

and we celebrated Dave’s birthday with dinner out.

DSC04012

These were just a few of the activities we got to share as we spent this very special time with our family

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

Looks like you packed in a lot of good times together on this trip Bev. I'm sure the grand kids enjoyed the time you got to share in their everyday life.

Cicero Sings said...

You didn't say how the Mitford play was. Father Tim was an inspiration to my D ... on the line of commitment to marriage.

We're into snow in a big way here at the moment. Brrrr. Hoping it will clear up by next weekend as I'm to make the trek to the coast around then.

Peggy said...

Such lovely family times - and a Mitford play to boot!!!

Anneliese said...

So nice to be able to literaly BE a fly on the wall and see the day to day ... I can only imagine how excited the boys were about the snow! I'm happy for you to have been able to spend some time with your daughter.

Betty said...

What a wonderful time with family and especially some alone time with your daughter. More great memories to savor!

Judy said...

I don't think there was a dull moment! So nice that you could spend some time in 'total immersion'.

Julie said...

Sounds like one of those days that end in a happy "awwwww..... " as your head hits the pillow at night!
I'm glad you could have that special time with family!