Monday, November 28, 2011

Of Hobie Cats …

Punta Cana 273b

We saw them lined up on the beach – these colourful “Hobie Cats”

Punta Cana 266b

They just seemed like a perfect photo op.  Two days later, we reserved one for an hour’s sail.

Punta Cana 215   

It was so much fun, we did it again a few days later.

Punta Cana 222Punta Cana 251

These little catamarans are sturdy, and very easy to sail.  Once you learn the very basics of how to tack

(turning the sail  to catch the wind so you can zig zag back and forth),  it’s all fun and games.

We bought a little underwater camera before leaving on our trip – it’s a Nikon and we really enjoyed using it.

However, you had to watch those pesky waterdrops on the lens.  I learned later to blow them off before taking a photo.

Punta Cana 216

Punta Cana 260 Punta Cana 264

Punta Cana 267

Hobie back on the beach again.  A perfect way to enjoy  a sail on the warm ocean.

8 comments:

Kathie said...

oh that would be a dream for me!! It looks so lovely and peaceful. Lord willing, my beloved and I are going on a cruise in march -to celebrate 35 years of marriage. I'm looking forward to the warmth and seeing the colour of the water - it's stunning!!

You mentioned the Betsy Tacy books - they are a series - sweet, old-fashioned stories. Perfect to read to a grand-daughter!

Judy said...

Beautiful! I was quite curious as to what 'hobie cats' might be. It looks like you had a fun time!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful colors on the Hobie's and water.

Betty said...

What fun and so relaxing!

Lovella ♥ said...

Wow. ..I want to go to the ocean. This looks like so much fun!

Kathy said...

I showed Scot these pictures, we both agreed you were on a perfect holiday!

Marg said...

Looks like you really enjoyed the sailing. That's always one of my favorite things to do on the ocean.
Blue skies...blue boats..blue waters...that's why we are ocean people and love it.

Rosella said...

That looks like a blast! We used to own a Hobie Cat and enjoyed some sailing on our Ontario Lakes. My husband enjoyed it for years. For me, it was a bit too much "wet bum" sailing on cold water, but I also enjoyed it for he most part.
Sometimes I think I was meant to be born somewhere really hot and right next to the ocean - I do SO love it and wish we could go there more often! Enjoy and soak up as much sun as you can :).