Thursday, December 1, 2011

…… and Tropical Fish

Punta Cana 311

 

Punta Cana 315  Punta Cana 316

Punta Cana 326 

These Sergeant fish  came in droves when I held out a bit of bread in my hands.

I could feel their tiny teeth against my fingers.

Punta Cana 332

Punta Cana 359Punta Cana 360 

This little guy darted in and out of the camera frame – neon blue dots and a yellow tail.

Punta Cana 397  Punta Cana 353

Lots of bright blue and lighter blue fish

Punta Cana 372 

And a few juvenile Stop Light  Parrot fish – I think that’s one down in the corner. 

They have clearly defined scales and a red belly when they are young and then turn to a sea green with a pink sheen

when they are older- looking like a completely different fish.

   Punta Cana 410/

And last ,but definitely not least – this spotted eel.

8 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh gorgeous photos . ..and yikes. .an eel!

Kathy said...

Wow, I bet that was amazing! Those fish are so pretty!

Kathie said...

That would be a dream come true for me! The water is so clear and the colours are spectacular!

Betty said...

I love these pretty and fun photos but you couldn't get me underwater:)

charlotte mgcc said...

Look at that TAN! nice
Was it weird having all those fish near you and touching you? They sure are beautiful.

ellen b. said...

Such beauty God has created for us to enjoy!

Anneliese said...

Bev, you are brave! You would not get me in that water ... but the fish are beautiful!

Judy said...

What great fish fotos! Do you have an underwater camera? As for the eel...stay away. I have a scar on my finger...compliments of a snowflake eel in Hawaii.