Saturday, November 1, 2008

What a difference a Day makes

We've enjoyed such a beautiful fall this year. With several dry weeks in October, the leaves had a chance to turn bright yellow and stayed on the trees longer giving us time to enjoy the vivid colours. Of course it is Fall and that's what leaves do at this time of the year. Our lawn was covered and rain was forcast so Harv got on the lawn tractor and blew all the leaves into a bag and burned them. The lawn was green again.


But what a difference a day makes. Overnight the wind blew and the rain fell and when we got up you would have never known that he'd spent all that time cleaning up leaves. They were everywhere and thicker than ever.

Thankfully I had a call from the neighbour boy who needs to put in some volunteer work hours for school (what a great thing to encourage) and I have just the job for him!


3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

oh but they are so pretty on the ground. .
I'm always amazed at how fast they come down and I think after this weekend we'll feel very sad that the autumn beauty is nearly done.
Good job finding the neighbor boy. ..I'm sure you'll be feeding him cookies in between, from what I've heard you are the queen of hospitality.

Judy said...

Beautiful foliage pictures, Bev! We have so enjoyed the colours this fall...the best in as long as I remember. We are cheering on our little trees...but I see big trees make for much work!

Chris said...

I completely remember that hopeless feeling. Spending a whole day raking, the windy evening, and the morning brought despair.