Saturday, December 27, 2008

Conversation with Grandboy N


We called on Christmas morning to wish our son and his family in Seattle a Merry Christmas. Grandboy N answered the phone with a hearty "Merry Christmas".
After the usual Christmas morning conversation about activities and gifts received, I asked him if they were going to their uncle's for Turkey.
"Nana, don't be a silly goose!" he said.
"What do you mean? How am I a silly goose?" I responded.
You're silly Nana, that's not Christmas food! That's Thanksgiving food!"(now that is my American Grandson speaking!)
"So what is Christmas food ?" I replied. "what are you going to eat at Uncle Curt's?"
He hesitated a minute and then said," Um.... well.. we're going to have some food: some salad, and some meat...."
"What kind of meat?"
"Um, pig bones I think."

I 'm sure he had a good Christmas dinner whatever it was he had!

5 comments:

Judy said...

That is too funny...and it's all documented now! Blogs are a neat way to keep record of some of those precious little moments of life.

Anneliese said...

Bev, thank you for preparing me for what's to come! Those grandkids are so honest, aren't they? And what would we we learn if not for them? =)

Lovella ♥ said...

What a cute story Bev, I can't believe how funny kids can be. . .and enjoying their sense of humor is the best. .. .The family resemblence to your son is amazing.

Marg said...

Too Funny! I love hearing those kind of stories. the are unforgettable.

charlotte mgcc said...

kids just say the cutest things, don't they.......

you wanted to know which kids where mine the two bigger ones and the girl on the far right in the green to the right of my mom. the other three are my brothers.