Wednesday, December 31, 2008

For the New Year

I can't remember when or where I found this poem but I make it my prayer as each New Year approaches. I hope it will touch your heart as it does mine.

Unmapped Miles Ahead

I wrap up
the last day of December.
Ahead hang months
Of unmapped miles.
Inside me
eagerness
tangles with trepidation.
Questions
rim my heart:
What Trial?
What Triumph?
What will meet me tomorrow?

Creator of our chronology-
You who set up seasons
split light from night
walked timelines in both directions-
You know what’s waiting.

Hold my hours in Your hands
tug me toward right
tap my shoulder and whisper instructions
fill my heart with Your directions.
I want to walk these days
with You.

Joan Rae Mills

5 comments:

Anneliese said...

So beautifully said! Such an echo of what's in our hearts today! I will share this poem with our friends tonite. Bev, when I met you in the Spring, I had no idea what was ahead and how our love for cooking would bring us together again. It's sure beeen fun! Happy New year to your family!

Judy said...

Beautiful thoughts on New Yera's Eve. Happy New Year!

charlotte mgcc said...

that really is a lovely poem, thankyou for sharing and happy new year.

Marg said...

So well put. This poem says it all.

Trish said...

What a beautiful poem indeed. A very Happy New Year to you Bev and blessing to you and your family.