Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One More Birthday treat

Harv and I were invited to his brother's place last night for supper to celebrate my birthday. I just want to acknowledge how much I appreciate all the time and attention my SIL put into making the meal a special Birthday treat for me.
She is as addicted to trying out new recipes as I am and she put on a terrific Greek meal. She'd made Pork Souvlaki, Greek Potatoes, wonderful lemon flavoured rice and a colourful Greek Salad. There was a big pitcher of Sangria (I need to try making that!) and a gorgeous Pavlova for dessert.
To add to the treat of having supper made for me, she bought me a marvelous serving dish as a gift - isn't it striking? I will use this alot.

Thank you, thank you Irene; you are one special Sister-in-Law! You have a way of making me feel loved and valued. We are so blessed in having family who are also friends and are grateful to God for parents who taught by example how important the gift of family is.
We are really looking forward to sharing a place in Palm Springs with you as we vacation together at the end of the month. We will have a blast cooking and trying new recipes together!
Thanks again for a great evening!

7 comments:

Marg said...

Isn't if fun when someone else put's on a party for you. It's such a treasure....And it's those little things and of course cooking together is way more fun with a friend.
I love the idea of a jug of Sangria.
Have a wonderful time in PS.
We might see you...

Chris said...

I will not be jealous. I will not miss my mother. I will not wish she was tucking me into her suitcase for palm springs. I will not drool over the thought of pavlova and sangria.

I will be thankful for my mom, and be glad she gets to do all these wonderful things without me. Sniff.

(miss you, Mom)

charlotte mgcc said...

bev i love that red dish, the color and the shape.
have a great time in P S.!!!!!we'll miss you!

Judy said...

Happy belated b'day, Bev! You have yourself a wonderful time in Palm Springs...and make sure you don't spend all your time cooking.

Nice bowl!

Trish said...

Yes Bev, happy birthday again. What a great dish...you can use it to display many of your wonderful creations. And lucky you for having such a great SIL...I sure know that value!

Julie said...

I'm sorry, Bev..I was on vacation on your birthday, but if belated counts .. I do wish you a very blessed birthday year !!
May it be a year that you will look back on with joy and gratitude to the One who does all things well !

I love your birthday dish...very striking ! You do have a gem of a sil. smile

Unknown said...

Oh NOW I get it... LOL! I have to admit, I didn't get the plagiarism comment over Chris, and found it a tad odd that you would talk like that.... SO HILARIOUS now that I see this. Very Chris. Very cute.

Bev, the WIERDEST thing just happened. I popped over to a blog from a girl in New England of all places who was quoted in another gal's blog none of whom have any connection with anyone I know and lo and behold this second gal has Mennonite Girls Can Cook as a link in her sidebar. Did *that* ever make me do a double take! Small world, you guys are WORLD famous! *grin*.