Monday, June 1, 2009

Clematis - a Week Later

It is now a week later; my "Nellie Moser" Clematis is in full flower and
the double white variety whose name I've forgotten has started to bloom.
As you can see "Nellie" is very showy and has somewhat overwhelmed
the later blooming Clematis.You have to look closely to see the flowers as they bud and then unfold their petals as they have a soft yellow green hue that hides in the floliage. Each flower has a "star" of leaves around it when it begins to bud. Soon the petals begin to unfold into creamy spikes.This one is almost open.And these beauties are in full bloom. There is now only a hint of green which disappears into purest white as the centre petals unfurl.


With a view like this,
it's hard to do anything else but take pictures and exclaim:
O LORD, You are my God.
I will exalt You and Praise Your Name.
For in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things.
Postscript
I found the tag from the double white Clematis today.
It is called "the Duchess of Edinburgh".

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wow...what a show! I too am enjoying my Nellie Moser...that is blooming for the first time. But I would love to know the name of your double-white plant...I've never seen anything like it. Absolutely stunning!