Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mothers Day


As Mothers Day approaches, the reminders to buy or do something for our moms are everywhere. This is the second year since my mom left for her Heavenly Home so I can't do anything tangible for her anymore. However I can remember her love for our family, follow her example and praise God for her influence in my life.

Something else I can do is honour the mothers that are following me.

My Daughter and Daughter in Law are amazing mothers to their kids - our grandchildren.
Dulci and Chris: I am so thankful for the way you are raising your children
all the while treating them with love and great respect.
I am in awe of how willingly you sacrifice your own interests and time to play with your children - teasing them, laughing with them, finding things for them to do
that are exciting and bring them delight.
You are compassionate when they are hurt, understanding when they are upset
and you teach them by example to follow Christ - to forgive one another,
to be accountable for their behaviour and attitudes and to show kindness to others.

As all mothers strive to do, you teach new skills, emphasize the importance of good manners, encourage their creative abilities and look after their physical needs.

Today I honour you both
and pray that you will keep close to God and look to Him for guidance and direction.
May you continue to find much joy in this important and influential role.


3 comments:

Judy said...

What a lovely tribute to the mother's of your grandchildren! Happy Mother's Day to you...and to the special moms in your life.

Anneliese said...

What would we do without memories? May the memories of your mother bring you unexpected joys throughout the weekend and may God bless you as you have taken on the torch to bless and encourage your daughters.

Marg said...

We've been waiting for this post...
I was thinking about you today...about the fact that it's two years now. It's 10 years for me...and yet I miss her so much.
I would like her so see my family and get to know then...
Wonderful tribute.