Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Anniversay

This weekend marks two important dates for our family.
First - my parents' anniversary.
They were married on May 15th, 1948 in Ontario and
remained committed to each other for 60 years.
Secondly, the second anniversary of my Mom's passing.
On May the 16th, 2008, the day after their 60th anniversary,
my mom passed away suddenly in her sleep leaving us all in shock.
Today I want to remember both events and honour my parents' marriage,
my Mom who is in Heaven and my Dad who is still here with us, in good health.
-----------------------------------
Dad - you and mom showed us by your example
the meaning of faithfulness and committment in marriage.
Thank you.
Janet and I and our families have been so thankful for you both.
Like you, we miss Mom and want you to know that not a day goes by
that we do not think of her and miss her.
May you celebrate the good memories and know that
we are praying for you and that we love you.
Love, Bev and Harv


8 comments:

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful legacy to have parents who were committed to each other all those years!! Blessings...

Judy said...

What a nice tribute to your parents, Bev! My parents were married two weeks later...May 29, 1948.

Peggy said...

Beautiful tribute to your parents, Bev. You are certainly a wonderful example of the legacy of love that they were as parents, as a couple, and that your dad still is to you and your whole family.

Marg said...

Thank-you for sharing that Bev. She left you to quickly....That one stings for awhile.

Anneliese said...

I can't imagine what that must have been like to face such a sudden parting. Your mom and dad had 60 years together... that is the number I have wished for... but when it will come to that, it still won't be enough, will it? So good that we don't have to grieve as those who have no hope.

Kathy said...

Such a lovely post to honor your parents. Two years seems like yesterday...and yet so long ago. Hold those memories close. My dad sat with your dad in Sunday School yesterday. I filled him in last night that this would have been your parents anniversary week and also 2 years since your mom passed away. I'm sure your dad's mind was full of precious thoughts and also a longing heart to hold his sweet wife one more time. Hugs to you as you stop and reflect. Kathy

Peggy said...

You have received blogger awards from Peg

Julie said...

A beautiful tribute, Bev... we are soo blessed to have had parents that honored their vows --
My parents married in 1945 and are still together - and both healthy.
I know you miss your Mom... I'm sorry... but I'm thankful you still have your Dad to enjoy....