Monday, May 31, 2010

Colour on a Rainy Day

When the rain is coming down and the skies are grey

it's nice to have a splash of colour here and there in the yard.

This Clematis climbed to the second story balcony and had to be photographed from there.





My "Nellie Moser" and "Duchess of Edinburgh" Clematis in full bloom.


And the Rhodos - filling the windows with colour.

(They will need a severe pruning after they finish blooming!)




And last, but not least - the delicate petals of a Snowball bush.

They are blooming profussly this year despite the rain.
I could take a lesson from them and bloom brightly even when the skies are grey.





6 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful - they really do brighten up the day!

ellen b. said...

Ahh...You've got some lovely color in your yard right now! The clematis is great!!

Anneliese said...

Beautiful blooms - even in the rain! I especially like the white one that looks like a dahlia.. Nellie Moser, you call it?

Bev K said...

Anneliese - the white one is the Duchess of Edinburgh. The pink striped one is the Nellie Moser. idon't know the name of the fuschia pink one.

Julie said...

Ohh how beautiful your blooms are!!
My clematis is long finished blooming and my rhotodenrens as well and the deer ate my other color.

Terry said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog re: Erv. Erv's sisters did an amazing job recounting their lives with and without Erv. I miss him terribly.
Your Clematis photos are wild!