Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines

I got a call from my Grnadson N early in the week : "Nana, I'm mailing an envelope to you today!"
My mind went into search mode and came up with "Oh no! It's Valentines Day this week and I haven't sent the grands any cards yet!"
so, the rest of the morning was spent in my craft room making the cards you see here. First off, I did a bit of a search on the internet for Valentine Verses - well, I found a couple of' Dinosaur themed ones for the the Sask. boys' cards and a cute owl one for the baby. These are the cards that resulted:and and then I came across these cute little creatures.
I couldn't resist, so the Seattle grands are getting these. The are made from 3 different sizes of hearts. One for the stand, the largest for the mouse and the smaller for the ears. I used eyelets for the eyes and knotted some thread whiskers. I forgot to give them noses - the pictures I saw used a tiny pom pom.
I somehow lost the website where I saw this idea so I can't give credit where it is due But they sure are cute aren't they? They were fun to make.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Very cute, indeed! And I'll keep my eye open for your book recommendation as well.

charlotte mgcc said...

oh my goodness these are cute cards,
your grandchildren will love them. i am going to email my firend your link, so she can see them too. she is such a card maker and loves new ideas....fun!

Judy said...

Very cute! I should have had you make two of each, while you were at it...and then I'd come shopping at your 'house of cards'. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend.

Islandsparrow said...

So cute!! I mailed one down to Florida - along with some smarties - apparently they don't have them in the States. Nice to get treats in the mail!

Anneliese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anneliese said...

Okay, so I left a comment before and it dissapeared! Your cards are so cute and I love the idea of the mice! I will tuck that away for future reference.