Monday, February 2, 2009

How I've been Spending my Time

Oh have I ever been having fun! My DIL introduced me to a progam she used to make a book out of their European holiday pictures. I downloaded the program, and went to work, and I got the results in the mail last week.
I am so excited with the finished product. Isn't it gorgeous? It's a coffee table quality, hard covered book with MY photos in it, with the story of OUR motorcycle trip to San Fancisco last summer.

The program is called "My Publisher" and if you want to give it a try, email me or leave a comment and I'll forward the link to you.

There's a reason for my request - if I refer you and you decide to put a book together like I did, I get $20.00 off my next order. The program is free to download and so easy to use. My book cost me about $60.00 (including shipping) which I feel is well worth it. After all, making a scrapbook costs alot more in photo finishing, supplies, and time.

You can drag and drop your photos into the program, choose how many pictures you want on a page, choose from a number of templates and styles, type in captions or have a page or two with only text.

A basic book with 20 pages is $34.95 (US) and it's only .99 /page to add extra pages and $4.95 if you want the snazzy book jacket. To top it all off, I took advantage of their introductory offer of a second copy for free. So I sent one as a gift to our friends who did the trip with us and they were as thrilled as we were with the book.

If you're like me, you've got wonderful photos cooped up in your computer where no one can see them. And as much as I love making those wonderful scrapbooks, they take me alot more time than this does. I'll still do special albums but this is an option for some of those photos that realistically won't make it into a scrapbook type album.

Just think of the possibilities. My DIL is working on her second book - "2008 in Review". You could make a book for yourself or for a gift; one on your garden flowers, a book of your grandchildren's photos, a wedding album or maybe a Christmas book. I 've already started on my second travel album.

Can you tell I'm excited about this? Look it up - you'll be amazed how easy it is and you'll be so happy to have those great photos out where they can be shared and enjoyed.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Aren't those books just the greatest? I've been doing photobooks on Shutterfly for a few years now...and have done many. Each vacation becomes a book...I've done gift books for special birthdays...a family history book for my dad...and little brag books for my purse. Unfortunately, I don't think the scrapbooking I once planned to do will ever happen...I'm just making photobooks!

PS I also did a post on photobooks awhile back...http://judys-front-porch.blogspot.com/2008/08/shutterfly.html

charlotte mgcc said...

i want to be making a book for my parents 50th anniversary and after seeing yours i hope it will turn out just as lovely.....send me the link, i don't know if i will use that one but send it anyway......you never know!

Lovella ♥ said...

Hi Bev,
Judy introduced me to making Shutterfly books last year and they have been awesome for gift giving. I make one of our grands for us. . and duplicate it as a gift for my mil. . .no more work and it looks so awesome and professional. I love too how they take up so little space.
Enjoy the new hobby.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

My daughter has done shutterfly books, but My Publisher looks a bit more professional.

I always make a "Year in Review" web album; you have given me the perfect nudge to get those albums into book form.

One question: do they print the photos on acid free paper?

Marg said...

Way to go Bev. It's always fun to find a new program and work,and play with it.
I, yet have to make an album. This year I made calendars hosting my best selection of family pictures honoring each member of our family.
It's a real special gift.
Now, it's time to start my album.

Julie said...

Sounds and looks great, Bev! I'd love the link!
Thank you!