Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trying something new

My daughter just introduced me to Windows Live Writer. It’s a new program designed to use in blogging. I’m giving it a try . Here I’ve posted a picture taken this week of the eagles that perch in the tree above our house.

DSC04853

Here I’m using one of the many fonts available. Hmm… very nice.

Here’s another font – whoa – very widely spaced!

This one is called Tunga – seems pretty nice.

I can insert a map- oh- even a picture of my house – COOL! Our house is the one at the bottom left along the long driveway. Very cool.

Map picture

Hmm.. what else can I do? It says I can insert a tag ?? or a video – not sure I have one of those or even a photo album I may need a little time to do this but isn’t it cool? Takes a lot less time and bother to download pictures too.

DSC04858

(Harv took this picture of Mt. Cheam which towers above our place to the east.

Here’s a picture taken from our roof (I did not know he’d gone up there but doesn’t it make a great photo?)DSC04857

Well – there is a lot to learn here but so far I like it. If you haven’t already tried it (I am way behind most of you bloggers out there) check it out at http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/

9 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Bev - am really enjoying your blog, and looking forward to trying out this Windows Writer - thanks for the tip. By the way - yournew hair looks good, easy to take care of!!

Lovella ♥ said...

Bev, you are ahead of me on this one, I haven't used this live writer program. . .but it looks good, I like how you can change the font and pictures with in the post. . .

Judy said...

Hmmm...it's new to me...and looks very cool. But I'm so bad at learning new stuff! I will check it out....thanks for the tip.

Trish said...

You are inspiring me woman! Amazing. Now I will definitely be expecting a lot from you! Grin...I'll be back to see it all. Thanks for the tip Bev!

charlotte mgcc said...

i can barely blog in the simple form...it looks like fun though. makes the posts more interesting when it changes like that.

Marg said...

There's always so much to learn. I love the photo that Harv took from your place. Thanks for sharing another website.

Anneliese said...

Sometimes I wish there were more options on blogger - maybe there are and knowing me it takes me a while to figure that out. I'll just stay with what's safe for now. =) But just wait till Lovella finds out! =)
Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of that program, and I knew that some people really like it. Maybe I should investigate it.

I love the shot of Mt. Cheam. When we visited last May, we hoped to hike up it with Vic and Julie, but it didn't work out. We'll be visiting again next month, but it will be covered with snow, which will be pretty ... but still no hiking. Oh, well, maybe we'll have to plan another visit ... giggle.

Julie said...

hmmm.. I like what I see! thank you for the link! I'll certainly check it out!