Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Higher and Higher







" And the rain came down and the floods came up,
the rains came down and the floods came up.
the rains came down and the floods came up
and the house on the rock stood firm."

The water is still rising. These pictures were taken around 5 p.m. and it hasn't let up raining for a minute since. I'm quite sure that by morning the water will be over the driveway in front of our house.

I can only remember one other time when the water marooned us on this side of the creek and that was around 1979 or 80 before we had our culverts put in. There is alot more water now than there was back then.

Like that old Sunday School song reminds us, we need to have our faith built on the solid rock of Jesus Christ in order to withstand the storms and floods that Satan sends to try to dislodge us. How thankful I am He is my Solid Rock and my Refuge in time of Storm.


4 comments:

foodbin said...

the view are beautiful you take very nice photos too!

Chris said...

yikes! what a lot of water. We'll be praying for those who are "under the weather". (sorry about the pun.)

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Hmmm...that was posted yesterday...either she is now completely underwater and can't post, or the water has gone down and she is out and about.

The suspense is killing me!

Anonymous said...

Hope you didn't flood. I thought you might enjoy my Squidoo Lens of my favorite Sunday School Songs. I had such fun making it and remembering those great tunes. Just click my name, Ohme.