Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bits of This and That

It's snowing again today. The field is white and the air has that hush that
only comes when it is snowing.

My DH and youngest son are doing the final adjustments on a big filtration unit before loading it up on the truck and taking it to Campbell River. They will be gone for several days as they supervise the installation at a power generation plant. It's a new configuration that Harv has devised which is meant to clean up all the varnish in the oil in one pass. There is alot of interest in this project and it could mean a number of sales if it works as anticipated.



I am constantly amazed at Harv's innovative and problem solving talents. His Dad was constantly coming up with new ideas and inventions and it is evident that these ablilities have been passed down once more to our children. Isn't it amazing how that adage is so often true "like father, like son.

On another note, I got my hair cut yesterday. My hairdresser persuaded me to try something different so she cut it short - Harv thought too short at first but says it's okay now and Rick seems to think it looks okay too.














Maybe once I've lived with it a bit I'll get used to it. What do you think?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulaions to Harv! that sounds like a wonderful achievement!

Hmmmm.. Your haircut? It is a very chic haircut and I like how it plays up your eyes.. but I think ( if you want an honest opinion , giggle) I would like a little more softness on top - maybe something inbetween the old and the new!

Trish said...

Well, I quite like it actually...and you will get used to it...just in time for it to grow longer again! Grin....oh and those husbands, they never like short hair do they?!

I love how you describe the hush of the falling snow...it is so true...I could just 'see' it.

Marg said...

I think it's cute. It's not like it was long...but it suits your face and you look chic'

Judy said...

I called Elmer to come check out this post...not your haircut...but what Harv is up to! He thought it all looks quite impressive.

Here's the thing about haircuts...they are never forever! So change it up...and have some fun...it's all good.

charlotte mgcc said...

it looks great either way, the good thing about hair, it can always be changed and it doesn't take long to grow and then when you are in need of a change you can cut it again, it looks fun and funky!